- Windows Live Mail：Multiple e-mail accounts on your desktop
- Windows Live Messenger (8.5)：Connect, share, and make every conversation count
- Windows Live Photo Gallery 影像中心：Organize and share photos and videos
- Windows Live Writer：Easily publish rich content to your blog
- Windows Live Toolbar：Search from any Web page
- Windows Live OneCare Family Safety 家長監護服務：Help protect your kids online
目前釋出的是網路安裝版，所以執行安裝程式後會再連上網路下載所需套件。安裝時能夠自行選擇需要的軟體安裝，不必全部安裝。由於還是 Beta 版，功能上難免有些不盡如人意，若有意見可回饋給微軟。
Windows Live Installer; Build 1320.0823
Download Size: 1.72mb
Internet Explorer security message “Windows Live Login Browser Helper Object” appears during installation
During installation, you may see an Internet Explorer Security dialog with the title “Windows Live Login Browser Helper Object”. The Browser Helper Object is also known as the Sign-in Assistant. This assistant is a control that will display when you try to log into Windows Live services and helps you log in with multiple Windows Live IDs on the same machine. In the Security dialog box, click the box marked “Don’t show me this dialog again” and then click Allow.
“Please close these programs…” message for WLLoginProxy
If you had Beta 1 installed and are upgrading to Beta 2, you will see a “Please close these programs…” message for WLLoginProxy, which is used for the Sign in Assistant. Click the Ignore button if you see the “Please close these programs…” message for WLLoginProxy as well if you see a “Please close these programs…” message for Task Manager and Windows Explorer.
“Please close these programs…” message for Windows Live Toolbar
If you have the One Care Advisor Button installed as part of the Windows Live Toolbar, you will be prompted to close all instances of Internet Explorer that have the toolbar running.
64-bit is not supported for Beta 2
Beta 2 does not support a 64-bit installation; however the final version of Windows Live will support 64-bit (with the exception of Family Safety). You have the choice of either continuing to run the Beta 1 versions of Windows Live or you can uninstall all Windows Live applications and reinstall the released versions. For more information see KB Article 938275.
Uninstall and reinstall Windows Live applications
If you need to uninstall Windows Live applications, please follow the directions posted in KB Article 938275.
Repair is not triggered when setup is run again
If you are prompted to run repair when you try to start Messenger, do not run the Windows Live installer again. Instead launch Messenger from the shortcut and Messenger will automatically repair the installation.
Uninstall of Windows Live Applications triggers a repair for remaining Windows Live applications
If you uninstall one of the Windows Live applications and then launch one of the remaining applications, those remaining applications may enter a Windows installer repair process. This is due to a dependency being reapplied via the repair process by Windows Installer. After you run repair once for the effected applications, repair should not happen again.
- Cleaner, Faster: First impressions of “Windows Live 2008”
- 擁抱Windows Live – Windows Live 2.0 Suite
- Test drive the new Windows Live suite
- Windows Live Beta Launched
- Windows Live Beta release notes
- Windows Live Messenger 8.5 搶鮮版 – 讓您搶先體驗
- Windows Live Writer 超強部落格寫作軟體
- 全新 Windows Live 影像中心 (搶鮮版) – 輕鬆與朋友享受珍貴的回憶
- Windows Live Mail 終極版免費郵件軟體 – 個人資訊集散中心
P.S. 要看到 get.live.com 網頁內容，請先將 IE 語言喜好設定調整為『英文（美國）』優先，移到『中文（台灣）』上面。
Update @ 2007/09/07：
上面有提到 64 位元的系統無法安裝，問題是出在那個 WLInstaller.exe 安裝程式，不過已經有人繞道而行安裝成功了，可參考：64 Bit Systems And The New Live Installer: A Solution。